Thanks to the hard work and generosity of our volunteers,
donors and staff, 2011 was another successful and exciting year in
Home Fur Good's continuing mission to eliminate euthanasia of
healthy and adoptable pets in Maricopa County.
Home Fur Good's 2nd
Year Accomplishments include:
- Adopted out 284 animals bringing total adoptions
from inception in mid-2009 to 820.
- Low cost vaccine clinic up and running.
- Established boarding facility for foster based rescues.
- Sunshades installed over main exercise yards.
- Two additional exercise yards completed.
- Added two new Petsmart adoption locations - Frank Lloyd Wright,
and Mayo Blvd & Scottsdale Road.
- Secured over $17,000 in funds through grant writing
- Purchased transport van.
- Accepted into Nationwide Insurance Quote for Cause Program (see
"Donate" tab for details).
- Increased volunteer base; and, now partnering not only with
National Charity League volunteers, but also Boys Team Charity,
Hands On Phoenix and local Boy and Girl Scout groups.
- Partnered with Phoenix Mountain Animal Hospital (Tatum &
Cactus) to provide free initial visits for adopted rescues.
- Raised over $145,000 in donations.
- HFG featured in Channel 5's Holiday "Pay it Forward"
- Increase monthly adoptions by 20% over prior year month
- Add low cost spay and neuter services to compliment our
- Continue to educate public on the importance of